Our Mission Statement
ATHENA’s mission is to:
- Advance the recognition, protection, and fulfillment of women’s and girls’ human rights, comprehensively and inclusively, as a fundamental component of the response to HIV and AIDS.
- Ensure gender equity in HIV-related research, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, care, and the development of interventions based on a gendered analysis.
- Promote and facilitate the leadership of women and girls, especially those living with HIV, in all aspects of the response to HIV and AIDS.
- Bridge the communities around the world that are addressing gender, human rights, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and HIV.
In advancing this mission, ATHENA aims to:
- Address neglected or contentious human rights issues such as the sexual and reproductive rights of women living with HIV.
- Link the global with the local in meaningful ways.
- Link research, policy, advocacy, and practice.
- Share information and experiences in order to develop common agendas.
- Build alliances across movements, sectors, and regions.
- Develop and support the leadership capacity of women and girls, especially those living with HIV.
- Enable individuals and organizations to be agents of change.
Objectifs,valeurs et principes de base d‘ATHENA... Read more >>
Objetivos, valores y principios de ATHENA... Read more >>
ATHENA's Mission, values, and guiding principles... Read more >>